Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Unusual Atlas

I could not find the name of the artist of these pieces but they really inspired me today. Take some time to soak it in.



                                        I love that he took the content and made such a beautiful picture of it. it reminds me of Africa the fierce people the pride of culture and I can see the pain in her face too. nothing speaks to me about Africa like the women do. So much power and lack of personal owner ship . I know my husband met many wonderful people there. I think their songs still call him back. It is hard to represent a who number of countries diverse as Africa is with one person. I am not sure that is what the artist was trying to do but I do love how the face seems to belong to the land some how.


more of these can be found at  http://forum.xcitefun.net/unusual-atlas-artistic-way-to-map-the-world-t43166.html

2 comments: