Friday, April 27, 2012

Taking me back.

This is an image from Paul wright's painting It just popped out to me when looking for what I was going to look at for today. Take at least 10 min and let it affect you. it is so hard in our days to do that we are so used to flipping through pictures so fast making quick judgments about them we miss the effect that one piece can have on us.



I see so much dignity in these faces they remind me of my own grand parents the loss of life drips off of them but the vibrant people they are shines through even if life has worn them down. this makes me want to cry at the hardness of life and the beauty of it too. the strength she holds and the kindness of his heart lives in his eyes. they are in love with the closeness of how they sit but it is a tempestuous thing for them. This may be just me putting my grandparents in this with their nick names for each other being you old crow said with such playful affection. The is so much sadness dripping from their eyes. Her hands seem more wringing now than closed off. I am over whelmed with the desire to want to know them they seem like they have so much to say stories I need to know of life and loss. the way this is painted brings so much life to it so much of what I think is in side the people bursting out. It makes me long for my grand parents all sides everyone, but they are all gone now. I wish I knew them more as people not as a child sees an adult but really know who they are. To see them as individuals not just mom dad or grandma and grandfather. This seems briming with longing for me.

What does this say to you? Please share with me.

This is the sight I got this off of please if you enjoyed this visit and enjoy more of his work. http://www.escapeintolife.com/painting/paul-wright/

No comments:

Post a Comment