Monday, April 30, 2012

Bursting

This is a peice I found in art gallery in New York well on their sight. I Know I am not an art critic this caught my eye and I wanted t take some time to take it in and share it with you. I really believe art is for people if they do not feel or feel like they can it is a waist. I hope you enjoy this and that I have something to share about what took in and that you do as well share what you feel about this with me and others.

Listen to Living

Roberto Matta (Chilean, 1911-2002)




The first impression I get is about destruction and life with just the colors and shapes the volcano looking thing erupting with the life below but as I looked longer I stopped focusing so much on the face image I saw in the blue "smoke" in you will from the eruption trying to look at just the colors I love the light and dark in this the vibrating with the void of the black. The 'lava" I first saw became more person like like bursting forth in celebration and the volcano more like legs like a mother giving birth. I found objects in the warp of the painting I think this is a painting about the environment and the flow of life destruction and birth. It is brilliancy bring both into the same image this way. the flowers and animals as much of it as the people images.

What did you see?

No comments:

Post a Comment