Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Pearl earring

I have been drawn by this painting for years I love the dutch painter with light and dark play of light. This one is interesting they made a movie about it. I have not wanted to see it for fear of it wrecking the painting for me but I wanted people to look at the real deal and let it touch them. So here it is Girl with the Pearl Earring by Vermeer.


I love the colors used the yellow blue and just a tint of red in the lips. the hints of white on the dark back ground. I am not sure of the look she is giving what it is saying it looks almost fearful but with peace in the face seems so out of place. the eyes and the pearl both glow. her eyes look of innocents but weariness too. Not so much to harden her. She seems so young to have even as much jading as it looks to me that I see more and more as I look. I do not see a fire of independence more of submitting in her face.

No comments:

Post a Comment